Friday 17 October 2008

Conflict

On the school bus this morning. The worst thing of each day is having to get on that bus, it's over packed, screaming children, stemed up with a smell of chewing gum ( I hate that smell). Today I placed my salf further back than normal to come actoss what I later forund out to be years 9's sitting down and three little year 7's standing in front - half the size of me. I was not sure what all the conflict as about, apart from these little year 7's trying to stick up for themselfs.
The year 9 boys being their peers and sending rude, unacceptable comments at these little lads. They were acting 'big' - such a unatractive feture, swearning, using dreadful imagry. One even said that he would kick the little lads when they got off.
I was just standing there seeing these unsteady little ones, not knowing what to say, not baing able to move out the way, they seemed so innocent, they should not be exposed to this - that was my though, all the atmosphere at this school is more than eboungh to turn these innocent year 7's to what to me I see the langauage they all use as discusting.
I decided that I could not just stand there and let it go on, so I tapped the little boy on the sholder and told him that they were being the immature ones not them. I felt so sorry for these little boys, probely because It like could see what they were going to turn out like.
I know that if you go through a school like this the majority of people will by the end of year 11 be these bad languaged, bad attitude people. The year 7's start the year so innocent but by the end of the year have changed in order to fit their surroundings. There are some people though it stick it throung being themselfs not letting anything change them and then at the end of high school are really respectable people. I know a girl like this Ceri, my friend. I respect her so much, it can't of been the easiest thing going through high school with the majority of people around you being compleatly different to yourself, not fitting in. I have never been to a public school before, so this is my first experience of observing the behavior and attitudes of those in high school. And I thank God so much that I naver had to go through that experience. I have such a hugh respect for the poeple who have done and have ended up like they have, like Ceri for example.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ceri sounds a lovely girl. I know what you mean about school; my school was quite rough like yours and you had to toughen up to fit. But if you can stay a nice person through it, like Ceri is, that's brilliant. Well done for sticking up for the Year 7s (but don't get yourself into trouble with the older boys!)