Thursday 30 October 2008

Companionship



Since Pru died, I have felt so lonely. Not much has influenced me to cheer up. She was my friend as well as my baby. She would comfort me and listen and even wash me now and again when I was dirty.

She is now with Harry though and that makes me happy for her and him, that they are together and waiting for me.
Although I still feel a bit lonely, I have her baby Spex. It wasnt until I came back from Wales that I realised how much attension she needs, she hates being on her own, loves visiters and the more attension the better according to her. Every day that i'm in the house on my own she wont leave me alone, if im on the laptop she is as well.
I had a bath this morning, well not early, I was about to jump in when I saw Suse with Kitty on a walk, so whatever time that was. I left the door open for Spex as usual, she sat on the side of the bath all the time until she decided to get off and chase her wet tail that had dangled in. I love Spex for who she is, this golden coloured tubby thing sitting on my knee at the moment watching me type words about her, and occasionaly contributing to the discussion.
I know that people think it's really odd how attached I get to a 'cat' as they see it. How they are my family and how much I love them. I noticed though that i'm not the only one, Suse loved Paws so much as well. Paws - a gorgeous big but little boy. Who has snow white long hair with a sprinkling of gray on the tips. She and Andy love him so much. He goes to cat school and cat church which so i am told is a place that Spex attends and is a first year. I shall ask Spex about how she enjoys it when she wakes up off my knee. I have never meet someone who undestands the attachment that I have with my babies and now Spex.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I hear from Paws that Spex is quite the little trouble-maker at Cat School. You may find parents evening a bit tough, just to warn you. Paws obviously behaves impeccably, as he is head prefect.

We hear that Spex is very good in Chasing Mice class, and has exceptional abilities in P.E though. She does need to learn to sit quietly for longer periods though without climbing the curtains.

(BTW, I understand completely how much you love your cats. They stop being just pets after you get to know them, don't they? They become your little brother or sister. You're not silly to feel that way either - I'm convinced all but the most hard-hearted people have the exact same feelings about their animals.)

Emily Green said...

Do you happen to know if Pru attended as well? I think she would be a prefect as she would be the 'teachers pet'.

Anonymous said...

She did attend. She was top of the class in most subjects. She won the beauty award most years too, which annoyed Paws no end.

Emily Green said...

Im not surprised she was pretty. I always thought that she could be a supermodel. It felt odd living with someone so beutiful but at the same time she was beutiful inside as well.
Paws must of won some awards for being handsome. Did he do design class and invented 'blend in the snow' boots?

Anonymous said...

That's right, I'd forgotten that. He also won the 'Begging for Prawns' award one year too. He's still got that one hung up in his locker.

Emily Green said...

does he ever get in to trouble like Spex? Pru is not compleatly innocent. But put so much effort into it all.

Anonymous said...

No, he's never naughty. His teacher says the other cats could learn a lot from him, he's so well-behaved.

The only area he could improve on though, she says, is confidence. He's still very shy and often hides under his desk when someone new comes into the classroom.