Wednesday 15 October 2008

Art?



Surrealism


I have always appriciated the talent that people pocess for art, although have never really admired art. I admire drama and the acting skills that people pocess, script writers, directors...

Art has never really caught my attension, when I was at school I would dred going on art trips.

It was not untill I came upon a artist called Salvador Dali that it really opened my eyes.

To me his work is fascinating, absalutly spectacular and something I envy to the extream.

There are so many different interpritations of all hiw work. This piece is called 'Dream caused by the flight of a bee around a pomegranate, one second before awakening'.

As a 'actor' (my passion.hee hee) this gives such good inspiration for surreal drama pieces.

I envy Salvador Dali mainly beacuse he can express himself in the way I yern to. He can get across his thoughts in the way he wants to present them.

This is how I think and see the world, I interprit the world in this way, i just can't express it the same way.

I express my thought like his through drama, surreal drama is a challenge when you are working with others who don't neccessary have the same view or interpritation.
Do you see any resembelance? hee hee:)

2 comments:

Mandy said...

I think you have a wonderful way of expressing yourself through your writing.

You appear to have such inspiring and thought provoking talents.

I'm sure our young folk in our youth group would love to get to know you better and spend some time with you.

We have some wonderful teenagers, some of them you will have met at Runway. They are all different and have a lot to offer one another, but we don't have a "Milly" and would love one.

They have a lot to offer each other and are a supportive lot to each other. They talk a lot and share secrets and experiences etc, but it's good because they know that they can also come and share things with us leaders too it they want to.

I hope to meet you at Runway on sunday. I help out Andy and Pat when I can.

So, see you Sunday if you're there.

Anonymous said...

I was going to say the exact same thing! Your blog is incredibly creative and expressive. Keep it up! It's great to read and share your thoughts, Emily.